10 Steps to Perfect Guacamole
Keep it Simple
In its most simple form, guacamole is nothing more than avocado and salt. But depending where you go, people will put all manner of ingredients into it, including sour cream, kale, pomegranate seeds, corn, mango, fennel, quinoa and everything in between. In our opinion, a good guacamole shouldn't overwhelm the natural flavor of avocado, so we say: keep it simple. Buy and prepare quality ingredients, and you won't need to do anything else. On the other hand, if you find it difficult to get ahold of enough avocado to make your ideal guac, by all means experiment with different flavors to make a tasty avocado-based dip— just don't call it guacamole.
More steaming articles
Chef Tips and Tricks
These quick and easy chicken quesadillas are the perfect, last-minute family dinner!
- 2 chicken breasts
- 1/2 cup of tomato sauce
- 1/2 cup of chives, chopped
- 1 tsp. of Mexican spice mix
- 4 Tortillas
- Salt, to taste
- Put shredded chicken breast, tomato sauce, chives, and mexican spice mix in a bowl and mix together.
- Lay out the tortillas. Place a slice of cheddar in the center, and cover with the chicken mix.
- Fold up tortillas, and heat in a frying pan until golden.