The Genius, Unexpected Way to get Perfect Roast Potatoes
To get unbeatable crisp and crunchy roasted potatoes, sprinkle them with semolina, polenta, cornmeal or even finely ground breadcrumbs before putting them in the oven.
The difference this makes to texture is really astounding, as the coating soaks up the oil, bringing the exterior of your potato to roasted perfection.
This is currently our favorite potato roasting hack, but the steps to a spot-on spud are many...
More steaming articles
Chef Tips and Tricks
Combine summer zucchini with leftover mashed potatoes for a delicious, savory treat!
- 5 Potatoes
- 1.5 Cup shredded zucchini
- 3/4 Cup shredded cheese
- 3/ Cup milk
- 1/3 Cup coriander, chopped
- 1/3 Cup basil, chopped
- Parmesan, to sprinkle
- Salt and pepper, to season
- Chop the potatoes in half, boil until very tender and drain.
- In a bowl, combine the potatoes and zucchini. Add the grated cheese, milk, coriander, basil, salt and pepper, and mix thoroughly.
- On a baking tray, spoon out the zucchini-potato mixture and form into balls.
- Sprinkle with Parmesan and grated cheese, and bake at 350°F for 15 minutes.
- When golden, remove from oven... and enjoy!