Recipes with black-eyed peas - 2 recipes
Chef Tips and Tricks
VIDEO: Duck Breast Pastry Pockets
Who will you make these elegant duck pastry pockets for?
- 1 whole duck breast
- 1 sheet puff pastry
- 3-4 slices ham
- 3-4 tbsp raspberry jam
- 3- 4 slices Muenster cheese
- Fry the duck breast in a pan until medium rare (or your preference) and browned on the outside.
- Roll out a sheet of puff pastry, and layer the ham slices in the middle.
- Spread the raspberry jam over the ham slices, and follow with the Muenster cheese, and the duck breast.
- Moisten the sides of the pastry with water, then fold to enclose the duck.
- Brush the pastry with the egg yolk, then score lightly with a knife.
- Bake for 10 minutes at 464°F (until the cheese is melted and the pastry is golden brown)
- Serve, and enjoy!
Top rated Black-eyed peas recipes
Mix everything together and let marinade 2+ hours (overnight is best)
- ½ cup sugar
- ¼ cup salad oil
- ¾ cup apple cider vinegar
- 1 medium Vidalia onion (or a frozen bag)
- 1 4oz jar pimentos, diced
- 1 can black eyed peas, drained
- 1 can pinto beans, drained
- 1 can white corn, drained
Black Eyed Peas
Black eyed peas the traditional way
- 1 pound dried black eyed peas
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 large onion
- Black pepper
- Red or green diced peppers
- 1 teaspoon liquid smoke