Cooking with garam masala and coconut milk - 2 recipes
If you like this, you'll definitely like: Garam Masala
Chef Tips and Tricks
All you need is 3 main ingredients to make this Chocolate Strawberry Braid for dessert tonight!
- 7-9 medium-sized strawberries
- 1 puff pastry
- 1 chocolate bar
- 1 egg yolk
- Almond slivers
- Powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Cut the strawberries into halves.
- Dust some flour on a flat surface and spread your puff pastry out on top, smoothing it into a rectangle shape if necessary.
- Place the bar of chocolate in the center, then top with a layer of strawberry halves.
- Using a pizza cutter or a knife, slice the edges of the puff pastry into strips that can be wrapped over the chocolate and strawberries. Starting with the flap at the top, fold over each strip in a slightly diagonal direction so that they resemble a braid.
- Brush the braid with a beaten egg yolk so that it covers the entire visible surface.
- Sprinkle almond slivers on top.
- Bake for 20-22 minutes.
- Give the braid a few minutes to cool down, then cover with a dusting of powdered sugar.
- Serve and enjoy!
Top rated Garam masala and coconut milk recipes
EastIndian Sweet Safron Rice
It feels so much festive to eat this
- Basmati Rice - 250 gm
- Milk - 1/2 cup
- Saffron - 4-5 strands
- Whole Garam Masala (Hot Spice Mix) - ( 2 cloves, 2 cardamom, 1/2 inch cinnamon stick, 2 black peppercorns)
- Sugar - 3-4 tbsp (can vary if you like the rice more sweet)
- Ghee - 4 tbsp
- Raisins (Kismis) - 15-20
- Cashew - 4-5
- Coconut - 3 tbsp (chopped in small pieces-optional)
- Almonds - 3-4
- Saffron Food colouring - 1 tsp
- Kewra/vanilla essence - 1/2 tsp(optional)use specially if using regular rice
Hosting hacks: 20 dishes you can make ahead
Keep CALM when hosting, and master the art of making AHEAD. Check out these 20 dishes that taste just as AMAZING the next day.
Quinoa is an edible seed which is used in cooking like grains
- Quinoa - 1 cup
- Sliced/Crushed Almonds - 1/2 cup
- Onion - 1/4 (finely chopped)
- Tomato - 1 (chopped)
- Green Chillies - 2-3 (chopped)
- Turmeric Powder - 1/4 tsp
- Garam Masala - 1/2 tsp
- Mustard Seeds - 1/2 tsp
- Cumin Seeds - 1/2 tsp
- Fenugreek Seeds - 1/4 tsp
- Curry Leaves - 1 spring
- Coconut milk diluted with water - 2 cups
- Lemon Juice - 2 tblsp
- Cilantro - handful (finely chopped)
- Oil - 2 tblsp
- Salt - as needed