Classic Grilled Cheese
Try the classic recipe now.
Nothing is easier or more comforting than the classic grilled cheese, and you don't have to be a kid to enjoy it! Try this easy recipe that stays true to its American roots!
- 4 slices white bread
- 2 tbsp salted butter (softened)
- 4 slices American cheese singles
Level of difficulty Easy
Preparation time 5mins
Cooking time 10mins
Cost Budget Friendly
Spread each slice of bread with salted butter on one side.
Sandwich two cheese singles between two slices of bread using the non-buttered sides.
Repeat with the remaining cheese and bread slices.
Heat a cast-iron skillet over medium-low, and add both sandwiches.
Cook the sandwiches for 3 to 5 minutes on each side, until golden brown and crispy.
You'll also love
- French Dip Sandwiches with... 4.3/5 (37 Votes)
- 3 Ingredient Ranch Cheeseball 4.7/5 (29 Votes)
- Pepper Steak 4.3/5 (17 Votes)
- Kiwi, Apricot, and Yellow Peach... 4.4/5 (167 Votes)
- Taco Pie!!! 4.3/5 (47 Votes)
- Recipewe ♡ Savories- Chicken Roses 4.3/5 (31 Votes)
- Rice Crispy Treats 4.3/5 (20 Votes)
- One Pan Roasted Chicken and... 4.3/5 (32 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
You'll drool over this 3 cheese, bacon-wrapped baguette.
- Blue cheese
- Cheddar cheese
- 1 baguette
- Sun-dried tomatoes
- Cut your cheeses into thin slices
- Slice baguette down the middle (like a sandwich)
- Layer cheddar, blue, and mozarella cheese inside the bread
- Top with sun-dried tomatoes
- Close baguette and wrap with bacon strips
- Put in oven and bake for 20 minutes at 350 degrees
- Slice and serve!