serbian watermelon and feta salad
Here is a great summer salad for lunch or dinner! It's perfect for summer, with cool refreshing watermelon and a little savory feta!
- 6 cups diced seedless watermelon (1 inch cubes)
- 1/4 medium red onion
- very thinly sliced
- 200 grams diced sheep or goat milk feta (1/2 inch cubes)
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped fresh mint
- 1/4 cup toasted walnut pieces*
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- salt and pepper
Level of difficulty Easy
Cost Budget Friendly
Put the watermelon in a large bowl. Add the red onion, feta and mint.
Sprinkle with the toasted walnuts.
Pour the olive oil and lemon juice over the salad. Sprinkle on 1/4 tsp of salt and 1/4 tsp of fresh ground pepper. Toss and serve. Enjoy! ♥ ( serves 6)
*To toast the walnuts. Place them in a small frying pan over medium high heat. Stir often for about 3-4 minutes or until they start to get fragrant and slightly toasted.
You'll also love
- Fresh Tomato Soup with Gin 4/5 (11 Votes)
- Summer Tart 4.2/5 (19 Votes)
- Spinach, Red Pepper and Feta Quiche 4.5/5 (10 Votes)
- Delcious Avocado and bacon feta... 4.4/5 (18 Votes)
- Yogurt Cream Dessert 4.5/5 (6 Votes)
- Melon Raspberry Fruit Salad... 3.9/5 (37 Votes)
- Green Bean Salad with Goats Cheese 4.2/5 (15 Votes)
- Salad- Almond & sesame Topped 4.2/5 (22 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
Combine summer zucchini with leftover mashed potatoes for a delicious, savory treat!
- 5 Potatoes
- 1.5 Cup shredded zucchini
- 3/4 Cup shredded cheese
- 3/ Cup milk
- 1/3 Cup coriander, chopped
- 1/3 Cup basil, chopped
- Parmesan, to sprinkle
- Salt and pepper, to season
- Chop the potatoes in half, boil until very tender and drain.
- In a bowl, combine the potatoes and zucchini. Add the grated cheese, milk, coriander, basil, salt and pepper, and mix thoroughly.
- On a baking tray, spoon out the zucchini-potato mixture and form into balls.
- Sprinkle with Parmesan and grated cheese, and bake at 350°F for 15 minutes.
- When golden, remove from oven... and enjoy!