Watermelon and Tomato Salad
- 2 cups Heirloom tomatoes diced
- 2 cups watermelon pink part diced
- 1/4 cup pine nuts toasted
- 1 tsp fresh mint minced
- 1 tsp fresh basil minced
- Pinch of salt
Level of difficulty Easy
Cost Average budget
Place all ingredients, except for the salt, in a bowl and toss together until combined. Sprinkle the salt over the top and stir together again. Chill, then serve.
You'll also love
Chef Tips and Tricks
Combine summer zucchini with leftover mashed potatoes for a delicious, savory treat!
- 5 Potatoes
- 1.5 Cup shredded zucchini
- 3/4 Cup shredded cheese
- 3/ Cup milk
- 1/3 Cup coriander, chopped
- 1/3 Cup basil, chopped
- Parmesan, to sprinkle
- Salt and pepper, to season
- Chop the potatoes in half, boil until very tender and drain.
- In a bowl, combine the potatoes and zucchini. Add the grated cheese, milk, coriander, basil, salt and pepper, and mix thoroughly.
- On a baking tray, spoon out the zucchini-potato mixture and form into balls.
- Sprinkle with Parmesan and grated cheese, and bake at 350°F for 15 minutes.
- When golden, remove from oven... and enjoy!