Better Deviled Eggs
Better Deviled Eggs. Discover our recipe.
- Click this link to explore all of Bourbon Barrel Food's exciting products: Bourbon Barrel Foods
- 6 eggs
- Bourbon Smoked Salt
- Bourbon Smoked Pepper
- Bourbon Smoked Paprika
- 3-5 TBS hummus
- 1/4 c light mayonnaise
- 2 TBS extra virgin olive oil, plus more
- 2 TBS mustard
- 2 slices of prosciutto
Level of difficulty Average
Preparation time 30mins
Cost Average budget
Add water and plenty of salt to a large pot. Let the water come to a boil and add eggs. Boil for 6-12 minutes depending on how firm you prefer eggs. Peel the eggs, and cut eggs in half. Place the yolks in a large bowl. With the back of a fork, smash the yolks until they are smooth. Add Bourbon Smoked Salt, Bourbon Smoked Pepper, hummus, mayonnaise, 2 TBS olive oil, and 2 TBS mustard. With a hand mixer, mix the yolks until they are light. Place the yolk mixture into a sandwich bag or pastry bag. Pipe the filling back into the egg whites. Drizzle 1/4 tsp of extra virgin olive oil over the eggs. Dust each egg with Bourbon Smoked Paprika. Garnish with a piece of prosciutto.
You'll also love
Chef Tips and Tricks
You'll drool over this 3 cheese, bacon-wrapped baguette.
- Blue cheese
- Cheddar cheese
- 1 baguette
- Sun-dried tomatoes
- Cut your cheeses into thin slices
- Slice baguette down the middle (like a sandwich)
- Layer cheddar, blue, and mozarella cheese inside the bread
- Top with sun-dried tomatoes
- Close baguette and wrap with bacon strips
- Put in oven and bake for 20 minutes at 350 degrees
- Slice and serve!