This is for the PB&J lovers out there. I decided to come up with a pancake version of the classic with a bit of added protein.
- 2 tbsp sugar-free strawberry preserves
- 1/4 c whole wheat flour
- 2 egg whites
- 1 tbsp vanilla whey protein (I used GNC’s ProPerformance Wheybolic Extreme 60)
- 1 tbsp Peanut Butter & Co’s White Chocolate Wonderful
- 1tbsp sugar free maple syrup
- 1 large strawberry (optional – for garnishment)
Level of difficulty Easy
Preparation time 5mins
Cooking time 2mins
Cost Average budget
Pre-heat a griddle or skillet coated with non-stick spray to medium heat. In a medium bowl, combine flour, baking soda, whey protein, egg whites, & strawberry preserves. Mix well. Depending on thickness of batter, you may want to add about a tbsp of water.
Next, pour batter onto griddle & cook until lightly browned on each side. Remove the pancakes from the griddle & add strawberry garnishment (if desired), & drizzle the tbsp of PB over the tops of the pancakes (I warmed mine in the microwave to melt it a bit), along with a tbsp of sugar free maple syrup.
You'll also love
- Superfood CHIA breakfast pudding... 5/5 (104 Votes)
- Kiwi, Apricot, and Yellow Peach... 4.4/5 (167 Votes)
- YUM!Food Porn Challah 4.2/5 (141 Votes)
- Mini Quiche Lorraine without batter 4.3/5 (140 Votes)
- Korean Pancakes 4.2/5 (46 Votes)
- Elliot and Lauren's favorite... 4.5/5 (4 Votes)
- Easy moist chocolate cake 2.8/5 (6 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
Who do you know that would love these delicious baked egg and ham cups?