Mommys Jewish Apple Cake
Mommy's Jewish Apple Cake. Discover our recipe.
- 6 Macintosh Apples
- 3 Tsp Cinnamon
- 5 Tbl. Sugar
- 3 Cups Sifted Flour
- 2 Cups Sugar
- 1 Cup Vegetable Oil
- 4 Eggs
- 1/4 Cup Orange Juice
- 3 Tsp. Baking Powder
- 2 1/2 Tsp. Vanilla Extract
- 1 Tsp Salt
Level of difficulty Difficult
Preparation time 35mins
Cooking time 90mins
Cost Average budget
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease a bundt pan.
Peel, core and chop apples into chunks. Toss with cinnamon and sugar and set aside.
Stir together flour, baking powder and salt in a large mixing bowl. In a separate bowl, whisk together oil, orange juice, sugar and vanilla.
Mix wet ingredients into the dry ones, then add eggs, one at a time. Scrape down the bowl to ensure all ingredients are incorporated.
Pour half of batter into prepared pan. Spread half of apples over it. Pour the remaining batter over the apples and arrange the remaining apples on top.
Bake for about 1 1/2 hours, or until a tester comes out clean
You'll also love
- coconut pie 4.5/5 (15 Votes)
- peach cobbler 4/5 (17 Votes)
- Incision cake "Capital" 4/5 (21 Votes)
- Citrus Cake of Kings 4.3/5 (16 Votes)
- Favorite Caramel Apple Pie Cobbler 4.1/5 (11 Votes)
- Fruit and Cinnamon Smoothies 4.2/5 (21 Votes)
- Potato & Tomato Soup 3.9/5 (18 Votes)
- Caramel Apple Upside-Down Cake 3.8/5 (16 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
Craving sweet? This rustic cherry tart is easy, quick and delicious!
- 1 shortcrust pastry
- 3 cups / 750 g. of cherries
- 1/3 cup / 60 g. of sugar
- 2/3 cup / 60 g. of almond flour
- 4 tbsp. of brown sugar
- A dash of milk
- Mix the cherries and sugar together. Let stand 20 minutes.
- Spread or roll out the shortcrust pastry, sprinkle with almond powder and brown sugar.
- Place the cherries in the center of the dough, leaving about 2 inches of free dough on the edges. Fold in the edges.
- Brush with milk (this will make the crust go golden), sprinkle with brown sugar and bake for 20 minutes at 350°F/180°C.
- Top with a handful of chopped pistachios, and serve!