- 21 g Dry yeast
- 1/2 C Warm Water
- 2 1/4 C Milk (Boiled, then cooled)
- 3/4 C Sugar
- 1 1/2 t Salt
- 3 Eggs
- 1/2 C Shortening
- 7 1/2 C AP
Level of difficulty Average
Cost Average budget
Boil milk, then cool
Combine cooled milk, water, and yeast. Let sit til bubbly.
Mix rest of ingredients in mixer, and add sponge. Mix til smooth.
Cut out, proof, and deep fry
You'll also love
- Dirt cake 4/5 (5 Votes)
- Pretzel Peanut Bark 4/5 (5 Votes)
- Seminary Cake a.k.a Coffee Cake 4/5 (5 Votes)
- Oatmeal Waffles 4/5 (5 Votes)
- African maguey as 3.3/5 (15 Votes)
- Fresh & Fruity Donuts 2.9/5 (47 Votes)
- Chicken Manchurian dry 2.6/5 (21 Votes)
- "Crispy Creme" like Doughnuts 2.2/5 (5 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
These salted caramel thumbprint cookies are easy to make and super delicious!
- 1/4 cup / 50g of softened butter
- 1 egg (divide the yolk and white)
- 1/4 cup / 50g of sugar
- Pinch of sea salt
- 1 cup / 150g of flour
- 1 cup / 100g of chopped nuts
- Salted caramel
- Melted dark chocolate
In a bowl, mix together the butter, egg yolk, sugar, and salt.
Add the flour and mix. Roll into a ball.
Chill for 30 minutes.
Remove from refrigerator. Divide the dough and roll into 1-inch balls.
Dip each ball in egg yolk, and then roll in chopped nuts.
Place on baking sheet (lined with parchment paper), and press your thumb into the center.
Bake at 340°F/170°C for 12 minutes, or until golden.
Remove from oven and let cool.
Pour the salted caramel into the center groove,and drizzle with dark chocolate.
Review this recipe