Pumpkin Gingerbread Biscotti
- Makes 10-12 cookies
- 1 large egg
- 110g sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 75g pumpkin puree
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly grated ginger
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 155g flour
- 110g real white chocolate, chopped, or white candy melts
- 3 tablespoons chopped walnuts
Level of difficulty Average
Cost Average budget
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit and line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone mat.
In a medium bowl, whisk the egg, sugar and baking powder. Whisk vigorously until the mixture turns pale yellow and falls back in ribbons on itself when you lift out the whisk.
Next, add the pumpkin puree, cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger, cloves, salt and vanilla. Continue whisking.
Finally, sift in the flour and fold it in with a spatula.
Shape the dough into a flat log about 3″ wide by 8″ long using wet fingertips. Bake for 40 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
Remove from the oven, turn the oven down to 300 degrees Fahrenheit and let rest for 15 minutes. Slice into 1/2″ slices, place them back on the baking sheet and bake another 30 minutes, flipping them half-way through.
Let cool completely on a wire rack.
When ready to serve, prepare chopped walnuts and melt the white chocolate or candy melts. Dip half of each biscotti into the white chocolate, sprinkle with a pinch of walnuts, and let set before serving.
You'll also love
- Watermelon Biscotti 4.5/5 (11 Votes)
- Chewy Gingerbread Cookies 4.3/5 (3 Votes)
- Halloween Soufflé 3.1/5 (290 Votes)
- Dreamy Chocolate Dessert 2.7/5 (12 Votes)
- Roasted Root Vegetables 3/5 (12 Votes)
- Pumpkin Pie Shake 3/5 (3 Votes)
- Traditional Gingerbread Men Cookies 2.7/5 (25 Votes)
- Biscotti Cookies 2.5/5 (4 Votes)