Mint Julep Candied Pecans
Explore the delicious products from Bourbon Barrel Foods
Level of difficulty Average
Cost Average budget
Preheat your oven to 400. Lay the pecans on a baking sheet with parchment and toast in the oven for roughly 3-5 minutes. Take the pecans out of the oven and set aside. In a large sauce pan, melt the butter, sugar, and salt on medium. Stir in toasted pecans to the butter and Mint Julep Sugar mixture (reserve the parchment-lined baking sheet). Stir and allow the sugar to dissolve and bubble slightly. Add the bourbon and continue to stir for 3-5 more minutes on medium. Pour this mixture onto the parchment-lined baking sheet and allow to cool for about an hour.
You'll also love
- 3 Ingredient Ranch Cheeseball 4.7/5 (29 Votes)
- Healthy Chicken Salad 3.3/5 (100 Votes)
- Refrigerator Cookies 4.5/5 (4 Votes)
- Pecan Chocolate Chip Cookies 4.5/5 (4 Votes)
- Chocolate Brownie Waffles 4.1/5 (35 Votes)
- Sorghum Fried Cornbread 2.8/5 (178 Votes)
- Merediths Blue Ribbon Pecans 4.3/5 (16 Votes)
- Recipewe ♡ Pecan Fingers 4.1/5 (23 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
If you can get your hands on them, fresh almonds are delicious. That said, they can be quite tricky to peel. In this video we show you how to remove almond skins in just 5 easy steps!