Cherry Cheese Cake
- 1 package (8 oz) Phillidelpia cream cheese
- 1 can sweetened condensed milk
- 1/3 cup lemon juice
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 pie crust
- 1 can cherry pie filling
Level of difficulty Average
Cost Average budget
- Scramble egg and brush on the crust. Bake at 375 F for approx. 5 min (until golden brown). Take out and let cool.
-Take out cream cheese and let soften at room temperature.
- Beat cream cheese in a medium bowl til light and fluffy. Slowly add condensed milk, making sure there are no clumps. Stir in lemon juice and vanilla.
- If there are clumps, put through a sieve.
- Pour onto the crust and chill for a a min. of 3 hours. Spread filling on the cake, and chill again for a min. of 1 hour.
You'll also love
Chef Tips and Tricks
Craving sweet? This rustic cherry tart is easy, quick and delicious!
- 1 shortcrust pastry
- 3 cups / 750 g. of cherries
- 1/3 cup / 60 g. of sugar
- 2/3 cup / 60 g. of almond flour
- 4 tbsp. of brown sugar
- A dash of milk
- Mix the cherries and sugar together. Let stand 20 minutes.
- Spread or roll out the shortcrust pastry, sprinkle with almond powder and brown sugar.
- Place the cherries in the center of the dough, leaving about 2 inches of free dough on the edges. Fold in the edges.
- Brush with milk (this will make the crust go golden), sprinkle with brown sugar and bake for 20 minutes at 350°F/180°C.
- Top with a handful of chopped pistachios, and serve!