Strawberry Panna Cotta with Macerated Strawberry
Nothing more romantic than sharing a lovely dessert with your sweetheart at the end of a meal. Give this Strawberry Panna Cotta with Macerated Strawberry a try and your Valentine will fall in love all over again.
- Ingredients for the Panna Cotta:
- 1 tablespoon unflavored gelatin
- 1 1/4 cup low fat milk, divided
- 1 pound fresh strawberries
- 6 tablespoons sugar
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- Ingredients for the Macerated Strawberry:
- 1/2 pound fresh strawberries, sliced
- Juice from 1/2 a lemon
- 1 tablespoon of sugar (I used vanilla sugar)
Level of difficulty Easy
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 1mins
Cost Average budget
To Prepare the Panna Cotta:
In a heat proof bowl, dissolve gelatin and 1/4 cup milk, set aside and let it rest for 5 minutes.
In the blender, process strawberries, remaining 1 cup of milk, heavy cream, sugar, vanilla extract and lemon juice until smooth. Pour through a fine sieve into a large bowl, discard any solids.
Heat the gelatin mixture in the microwave for 30 seconds until liquid-fied.
Whisk the gelatin mixture into strawberry puree until well combined. Evenly pour into molds or serving cups.
Chill for at least 8 hours, or preferable overnight.
To unmold, dip molds in a small bowl of hot water 5 to 10 seconds, then invert panna cottas onto dessert plates and remove molds. Serve with macerated strawberries.
To Prepare the the Macerated Strawberry:
In a medium bowl, gently toss strawberry slices with lemon juice and sugar. Let mixture steep in room temperature for 15 minutes.
If the panna cotta doesn't fall onto your dessert plate easily, dip the ramekin in the hot water for a few more seconds and repeat the steps. The length of time needed depends on the temperature of your water. The hotter the water, the less time is needed.
You'll also love
- Strawberry goo 4.5/5 (28 Votes)
- Shortcake strawberry goo 4.6/5 (28 Votes)
- No-Bake Lime Chiffon Pie 2.7/5 (19 Votes)
- Bella Note Spaghetti. 2.8/5 (9 Votes)
- Spicy Buffalo Chicken Loaded Baked... 2.8/5 (4 Votes)
- Chocolate and Raspberry Puff... 2.7/5 (5 Votes)
- Bavarian Cream 2.9/5 (9 Votes)
- Pearl River Shrimp and Asparagus... 0/5 (0 Votes)