Thai Chicken Noodle Soup
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tsp minced ginger
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken thighs, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1/2 cup natural chunky peanut butter
- 1 cup crushed tomatoes
- 6 cups reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1 tbsp fish sauce
- 6 ounces rice noodles
- 2 cups shredded green cabbage
- 1 cup canned bean sprouts, drained
- 1/4 cup chopped scallions
- Chopped cilantro (optional)
- Chopped peanuts (optional)
Level of difficulty Average
Cost Average budget
In a soup pot, heat the oil over medium-high heat. Add the garlic, ginger and chicken. Cook 2 to 3 minutes, stirring occasionally, until chicken is no longer pink on the outside.
Dissolve the peanut butter in the crushed tomatoes; add the mixture to the soup pot along with the chicken broth and fish sauce and bring to a boil. Add the noodles; reduce heat to a gentle simmer and cook 5 minutes. Stir in the cabbage and cook another 5 minutes. Stir in the bean sprouts and scallions; turn off heat.
Ladle soup into bowls and top each with cilantro and peanuts if desired.
You'll also love
- Triple Cooked Chicken Soup 4.4/5 (23 Votes)
- Delicious Chicken Noodle Soup 4.8/5 (4 Votes)
- Simple Chicken Noodle Soup 4.7/5 (10 Votes)
- The Best Lemon Chicken 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Ellen's Teriyaki Chicken 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Hash Casserole 0/5 (0 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
These quick and easy chicken quesadillas are the perfect, last-minute family dinner!
- 2 chicken breasts
- 1/2 cup of tomato sauce
- 1/2 cup of chives, chopped
- 1 tsp. of Mexican spice mix
- 4 Tortillas
- Salt, to taste
- Put shredded chicken breast, tomato sauce, chives, and mexican spice mix in a bowl and mix together.
- Lay out the tortillas. Place a slice of cheddar in the center, and cover with the chicken mix.
- Fold up tortillas, and heat in a frying pan until golden.
Review this recipe