Thai Chicken Noodle Soup
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tsp minced ginger
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken thighs, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1/2 cup natural chunky peanut butter
- 1 cup crushed tomatoes
- 6 cups reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1 tbsp fish sauce
- 6 ounces rice noodles
- 2 cups shredded green cabbage
- 1 cup canned bean sprouts, drained
- 1/4 cup chopped scallions
- Chopped cilantro (optional)
- Chopped peanuts (optional)
Level of difficulty Average
Cost Average budget
In a soup pot, heat the oil over medium-high heat. Add the garlic, ginger and chicken. Cook 2 to 3 minutes, stirring occasionally, until chicken is no longer pink on the outside.
Dissolve the peanut butter in the crushed tomatoes; add the mixture to the soup pot along with the chicken broth and fish sauce and bring to a boil. Add the noodles; reduce heat to a gentle simmer and cook 5 minutes. Stir in the cabbage and cook another 5 minutes. Stir in the bean sprouts and scallions; turn off heat.
Ladle soup into bowls and top each with cilantro and peanuts if desired.
You'll also love
Chef Tips and Tricks
These quick and easy chicken quesadillas are the perfect, last-minute family dinner!
- 2 chicken breasts
- 1/2 cup of tomato sauce
- 1/2 cup of chives, chopped
- 1 tsp. of Mexican spice mix
- 4 Tortillas
- Salt, to taste
- Put shredded chicken breast, tomato sauce, chives, and mexican spice mix in a bowl and mix together.
- Lay out the tortillas. Place a slice of cheddar in the center, and cover with the chicken mix.
- Fold up tortillas, and heat in a frying pan until golden.