28 Hearty Stews Perfect For Hibernating
Look no further for cozy meals in a bowl. Here we present 28 soulful stews to warm you up from the inside when it's super cold outside.
Chorizo and yam stew
Filling and wholesome, this winter warmer combines spicy chorizo meat with inexpensive veggies for a great family dinner. The ground chorizo is rolled into tasty little meatballs which contrasts perfectly with the creamy cannellini beans, sweet yams and wilted spinach. What are you waiting for...?
More steaming articles
Chef Tips and Tricks
Looking for an easy snack or party appetizer? These little beef pockets are a pinch!
- 2 cups flour
- 1 cup olive oil
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 2 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 lb ground beef
- A pinch of salt
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 cup tomato sauce
- Mix flour, sugar, salt, milk, and water in a pan, and mix until you form a dough.
- In a saucepan, heat a splash of olive oil and add the onion. Cook on medium-high until onion has softened.
- Add the ground beef, and add the salt, water, and tomato sauce. When the meat has browned, remove from heat.
- Dust a flat surface with flour, and roll out the dough into a flat sheet.
- Use a ramekin or cup to cut out circles.
- Add a dollop of beef-tomato mixture to the center of each circle.
- Pinch the dough into a little pocket.
- Bake in the oven at 350° F for 15 minutes.