Crockpot Chicken Tortilla Soup
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 15 oz. can of sweet whole corn kernels, drained
- 1 15 oz. can of diced tomatoes, drained
- 5 cups chicken stock
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 1 serrano pepper, de-seeded, de-veined, and chopped
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1/2 tsp. chili powder
- 2 tsp. ground cumin
- 1 1/2 tsp. kosher salt
- 1 tsp. pepper
- Monterey jack cheese, shredded
- Tortilla strips
Level of difficulty Average
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 240mins
Cost Average budget
In the insert of your crockpot, add all ingredients except cheese & tortilla strips. Stir around in crockpot to make sure seasonings are well mixed.
Cook on high for 4 hours or low for 8 hours.
Prior to serving, remove chicken breasts with tongs and put into the bowl of a stand mixer. Using the paddle attachment, on low speed, shred the chicken.
Place back in the slow cooker, stir around to distribute evenly.
Serve hot topped with cheese and tortilla strips.
You'll also love
- Sloppy Joes with a kick 4.7/5 (65 Votes)
- Easy Yorkshire Puddings 4.7/5 (38 Votes)
- Simple Chicken Noodle Soup 4.7/5 (10 Votes)
- Mushroom soup 4.3/5 (15 Votes)
- Crockpot Oatmeal 4.7/5 (8 Votes)
- Polynesian Meatballs 4.2/5 (17 Votes)
- Lamb Fettuccine with fresh egg... 4.2/5 (11 Votes)
- Tortilla Soup 4.3/5 (3 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
These salted caramel thumbprint cookies are easy to make and super delicious!
- 1/4 cup / 50g of softened butter
- 1 egg (divide the yolk and white)
- 1/4 cup / 50g of sugar
- Pinch of sea salt
- 1 cup / 150g of flour
- 1 cup / 100g of chopped nuts
- Salted caramel
- Melted dark chocolate
In a bowl, mix together the butter, egg yolk, sugar, and salt.
Add the flour and mix. Roll into a ball.
Chill for 30 minutes.
Remove from refrigerator. Divide the dough and roll into 1-inch balls.
Dip each ball in egg yolk, and then roll in chopped nuts.
Place on baking sheet (lined with parchment paper), and press your thumb into the center.
Bake at 340°F/170°C for 12 minutes, or until golden.
Remove from oven and let cool.
Pour the salted caramel into the center groove,and drizzle with dark chocolate.