Homemade Chicken Noodle Soup
- 2 quarts water
- 3 quarts chicken stock
- 2 celery stalks with leaves, diced
- 2 carrots, diced
- 1/2 vidalia onion, diced
- 2 bone-in chicken breasts
- 5 bone-in chicken legs
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 bag wide egg noodles (or to your liking)
Level of difficulty Average
Cost Average budget
Combine water and chicken stock in a large pot.
Boil chicken for 30 minutes in water and stock mixture, with the bone in.
Remove chicken and de-bone, then return bones to the pot and boil for an additional hour.
While the stock is boiling, dice vegetables and shred chicken meat.
Remove bones from the stock and strain. Return stock to pot and add meat, vegetables, and spices. Cook for about 15 minutes.
Add noodles and cook until both the noodles and vegetables are soft. Around 10 additional minutes.
Add salt to taste.
Serve with water crackers.
You'll also love
- Chinese Noodle Stir Fry 4.2/5 (21 Votes)
- CORN CHOWDER 4/5 (11 Votes)
- Fresh Tomato Soup with Gin 4/5 (11 Votes)
- Crab Curry with Kaffir Lime 4.5/5 (16 Votes)
- Sunday Chicken 4.3/5 (12 Votes)
- Grammy's Oriental Chicken Mushroom... 4.3/5 (8 Votes)
- Hamburger & Cabbage Casserole 4.2/5 (13 Votes)
- Mulligan Stew 4.1/5 (9 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
Looking for an easy snack or party appetizer? These little beef pockets are a pinch!
- 2 cups flour
- 1 cup olive oil
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 2 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 lb ground beef
- A pinch of salt
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 cup tomato sauce
- Mix flour, sugar, salt, milk, and water in a pan, and mix until you form a dough.
- In a saucepan, heat a splash of olive oil and add the onion. Cook on medium-high until onion has softened.
- Add the ground beef, and add the salt, water, and tomato sauce. When the meat has browned, remove from heat.
- Dust a flat surface with flour, and roll out the dough into a flat sheet.
- Use a ramekin or cup to cut out circles.
- Add a dollop of beef-tomato mixture to the center of each circle.
- Pinch the dough into a little pocket.
- Bake in the oven at 350° F for 15 minutes.