VEGAN CARIBBEAN SHEPHERD'S PIE
This is a sweet and spicy tropical twist on a shepherd's pie.
- POTATO LAYER
- 1 lg potato
- 1/3 cup nutritional yeast
- 1 tsp garlic salt
- tsp mixed pepper
- VEGETABLE LAYER
- sweet onion
- 4 banana peppers
- scotch bonnet
- 1 tbsp garlic
- 1 pkg veggie ground
- 1 carrot
- 1/2 cup green beans
- 1/2 inch segments
- 1 sm can crushed pineapples
- FAUX MEAT
- 1 cup frozen corn
- 2/3 cup shitake mushrooms
- 2/3 cup condensed cream of mushroom soup
- 1 cup cornmeal
- 3/4 cup AP flour
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 4 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp garlic salt
- 3/4 cup soymilk
- 1/4 cup vegan margarine
Level of difficulty Average
Preparation time 25mins
Cooking time 60mins
Cost Average budget
Boil potato to mash. Mash potato with nutritional yeast, garlic salt, and pepper.
Saute onion and garlic until caramelized. Saute veggie ground in sesame oil. Add remaining veggies. Cook 5 min.
Saute mushrooms until caramelized. Add corn until warmed.
Combine dough ingredients.
Preheat oven 400*F. Grease cupcake pan. Press dough into pan. Bake for 10 minutes.
Add "meat", then vegetables. Layer on gravy. Top with mashed potatoes.
Bake for 30-40 minutes until crust is cooked through.
You'll also love
- YUM!Food Porn Country Style Apple Pie 4.6/5 (1138 Votes)
- Lemon Meringue Tartlets 4.9/5 (229 Votes)
- Recipewe ♡ Authentic Puerto Rican Domplines 4.3/5 (198 Votes)
- GARLIC PIZZA DOUGH (for the... 4/5 (109 Votes)
- Recipewe ♡ The Best Chocolate Bark, That is... 4.3/5 (80 Votes)
- CINNNAMON ROLLS 4/5 (102 Votes)
- Low Fat Mushroom Soup 4.8/5 (32 Votes)
- YUM!Food Porn Pineapple Couscous Salad with... 3.9/5 (82 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
Craving sweet? This rustic cherry tart is easy, quick and delicious!
- 1 shortcrust pastry
- 3 cups / 750 g. of cherries
- 1/3 cup / 60 g. of sugar
- 2/3 cup / 60 g. of almond flour
- 4 tbsp. of brown sugar
- A dash of milk
- Mix the cherries and sugar together. Let stand 20 minutes.
- Spread or roll out the shortcrust pastry, sprinkle with almond powder and brown sugar.
- Place the cherries in the center of the dough, leaving about 2 inches of free dough on the edges. Fold in the edges.
- Brush with milk (this will make the crust go golden), sprinkle with brown sugar and bake for 20 minutes at 350°F/180°C.
- Top with a handful of chopped pistachios, and serve!