Graw S's Ruben Pie
- 4 slices seeded rye cubed
- 1 onion
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 small can of sauerkraut
- 1/4 bound cubed swiss cheese (1 cup cubes)
- 1/2 to 3/4 pound sliced corned beef
Level of difficulty Average
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 30mins
Cost Average budget
Brown bread cubes in oil and butter in frying pan.
Layer rest of ingredients on top in frying pan, except cheese and simmer about 1/2 hour.
Melt cheese over the top and serve.
You'll also love
- Stuffed Eggplant 3.8/5 (464 Votes)
- Panera Bread Chicken Noodle Soup 3.8/5 (355 Votes)
- YUM!Food Porn These are the sweet 'n' sour spare... 4.9/5 (209 Votes)
- Macaroni Schotel 4/5 (34 Votes)
- Sauerkraut Pork Chops 3.9/5 (36 Votes)
- Stuffed Cabbage 4.1/5 (19 Votes)
- 10-Minute Layered Ice Cream Cake 3.8/5 (16 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
Craving sweet? This rustic cherry tart is easy, quick and delicious!
- 1 shortcrust pastry
- 3 cups / 750 g. of cherries
- 1/3 cup / 60 g. of sugar
- 2/3 cup / 60 g. of almond flour
- 4 tbsp. of brown sugar
- A dash of milk
- Mix the cherries and sugar together. Let stand 20 minutes.
- Spread or roll out the shortcrust pastry, sprinkle with almond powder and brown sugar.
- Place the cherries in the center of the dough, leaving about 2 inches of free dough on the edges. Fold in the edges.
- Brush with milk (this will make the crust go golden), sprinkle with brown sugar and bake for 20 minutes at 350°F/180°C.
- Top with a handful of chopped pistachios, and serve!