Varuthu araitha rasam
Rate this recipe 2/5 (2 Votes)
- Tamarind -1 1/2 inch ball...big amla size
- Red chillies - 2
- Jeera- 1 tablespoon
- Coriander seeds- 1 tablespoon
- Peppercorns- 1 tablespoon
- Tuar dal- 1 tablespoon
- Tuar dal(1/4 cup steamed)
- For sauteeing
Level of difficulty Average
Cost Average budget
Pressure cook 1/4 cup tuar dal.
Dry roast chillies, peppercorn, coriander seeds and jeera and grind into a fine paste with water.
Saute jeera in ghee.
Add tamarind, ground paste, water, salt and hing and allow to boil for 10 min.
Finally add dal water and simmer for 5 minutes.
You'll also love
- Egg curry ( kuzhambu) 4.3/5 (24 Votes)
- Soupa 2/5 (2 Votes)
- Guac!!! 2/5 (1 Votes)
- CauliFlower&Peas Dish 2/5 (1 Votes)
- Salmon Salad 2/5 (1 Votes)
- Stuffed Sticky Rice 1.5/5 (15 Votes)
- Squash-coconut soup 1.8/5 (64 Votes)
- Rice Flake Pulao. 1/5 (1 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
Three Cheese Baguette
You'll drool over this 3 cheese, bacon-wrapped baguette.
- Blue cheese
- Cheddar cheese
- 1 baguette
- Sun-dried tomatoes
- Cut your cheeses into thin slices
- Slice baguette down the middle (like a sandwich)
- Layer cheddar, blue, and mozarella cheese inside the bread
- Top with sun-dried tomatoes
- Close baguette and wrap with bacon strips
- Put in oven and bake for 20 minutes at 350 degrees
- Slice and serve!
Review this recipe