My Julianne salad
By maryjo young
Fresh romaine or reg lettuce loaded with fresh veggies, meats and cheeses.
- Romaine or reg. Lettuce
- deli ham
- deli turkey & sliced American and Swiss cheese
- a little shredded carrot for garnish.
Level of difficulty Average
Preparation time 15mins
Cost Average budget
Wash lettuce and shake excess water off.chop lettuce and place into strainer and rinse with cold water again. (Only recommended to rinse romaine twice) pat dry with paper towels.
Chop up veggies to desired size .(preferably bite size) set aside.
Place lettuce onto plate and dress with veggies.
Lay deli ham & turkey flat onto cutting board & slice into short thin strips. Gather meat with finger tips and fan out on top of salad mix.
Next do the same for the cheeses.
At the very top of salad place shredded carrot.
serve with side of dressing of choice.
You'll also love
Chef Tips and Tricks
Dive into summer with this fresh, light and healthy mango salad!
- 2 limes
- Olive oil
- Soy sauce
- Red onion, minced
- Lightly sautée the peanuts until golden.
- Take the carrots and cut into thin slices.
- Peel the mango and slice into thin strips.
- Squeeze the juice from 2 limes into a bowl, and add olive oil, soy sauce, minced onion, salt and pepper.
- In a bowl, toss together the mango, carrot, rocket, and lime-soy dressing.