- 1 large bag of dry pinto beans
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 piece of bacon
- salt and pepper
Level of difficulty Easy
Cost Budget Friendly
Empty all the beans into a large container with a LOT of water. Let soak for at least one day.
Transfer the beans in a large pot and boil for eight to ten hours. Add salt and a little oil to the water. Replace water as needed.
Drain the beans. In a large skillet or wok, cook one piece of bacon until very crispy. Crumple bacon and put aside.
Chop one half of one whole onion and a minced garlic clove in the bacon grease.
After the onions are soft, add the bacon, beans, salt and pepper.
Mash the beans well, and fry in the skillet. Serve, add cheese if desired.
You'll also love
Chef Tips and Tricks
You'll drool over this 3 cheese, bacon-wrapped baguette.
- Blue cheese
- Cheddar cheese
- 1 baguette
- Sun-dried tomatoes
- Cut your cheeses into thin slices
- Slice baguette down the middle (like a sandwich)
- Layer cheddar, blue, and mozarella cheese inside the bread
- Top with sun-dried tomatoes
- Close baguette and wrap with bacon strips
- Put in oven and bake for 20 minutes at 350 degrees
- Slice and serve!