Kale is a nutritional , healthy , green plant.
- Fresh Kale , Smoked Meat , Red Pepper Flakes , Salt to taste , Baking Soda
Level of difficulty Easy
Preparation time 30mins
Cooking time 180mins
Cost Budget Friendly
Cut up Kale into manageable bite sized pieces and soak them in a sink of cold water and baking soda to clean them. Soak for about an hour or two depending on how many bunches of Kale you purchase.
Meanwhile in a large stock pot boil the smoked meat, (smoked turkey,hamhocks,neck bones ) . Boil for 2 hours or until the meat is tender.
Rinse Kale off and add to stock pot with smoked meat. Boil for about an hour or until tender. Add salt to taste and red pepper flakes while boiling.
May add other seasoning to taste.
You'll also love
Chef Tips and Tricks
These tasty stuffed cabbage rolls are so easy!
- 1 onion
- 5 - 6 thick rashers bacon
- 1/2 lb sausage meat
- 1/2 cup tomato paste
- 2 cloves garlic, diced
- 2 bell peppers, diced
- 1 cabbage head
- Fry the bacon in a skillet, then add onion, and meat.
- Add tomato paste, bell peppers, garlic and salt, and simmer till cooked through
- Boil 1 whole cabbage head in salted water till tender
- Spoon mixture into individual cabbage leaves, and fold carefully to form little rolls
- Serve with any remaining mixture