Kale Salad with Sun-Dried Tomato Dressing
Fresh kale salad with sun-dried tomato dressing is healthy and delicious at the same time! Packed with nutrients this salad is a must try this New Year!
- For the Salad:
- 5 handfuls Fresh Kale
- 2 medium Apples
- 2 large Avocados
- ¼ cup Pine Nuts
- For the Dressing:
- 1 tsp Pine Nuts
- 5 tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- ½ cup Chopped Parsley
- 1 tbsp Balsamic Vinegar
- 2 Oranges
- ½ cup Water
- 6 Sun-Dried Tomatoes
Level of difficulty Easy
Cost Budget Friendly
Adapted from happyfoodstube.com
First place the tomatoes in a bowl and pour hot water over. Let them sit for about 10 minutes or until they soften (if you bought soft sun-dried tomatoes, you can skip this step).
In a serving bowl, combine the kale, apples (cored and sliced), pine nuts and avocados (peeled, cored and sliced to your liking).
Drain the water from sun-dried tomatoes and chop them roughly. Place all the ingredients for dressing in a food processor and blend until smooth.
Pour the dressing over kale salad and serve.
You'll also love
- Couscous salad 4.7/5 (76 Votes)
- VEGAN NUTMEG PANCAKES WITH VEGGIE... 4.5/5 (25 Votes)
- Rise 'n Shine Strawberry Surprise... 3.1/5 (136 Votes)
- Easy Chicken Salad 3.4/5 (147 Votes)
- Apple berry Tofu 4.4/5 (28 Votes)
- Squash And Kale Salad 4.5/5 (20 Votes)
- Armenian Potato Salad 4.2/5 (36 Votes)
- Shredded Carrots with Dried Fruit 4.4/5 (39 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
This Gluten-Free Broccoli Pizza is original, healthy and super tasty!
- 1 head broccoli
- 1 egg
- 1 ¾ cups of your favorite shredded cheese (we recommend two types- 1 cup of one, ¾ cup of the other)
- 1 cup tomato sauce (or canned crushed tomatoes)
- ¾ cup shredded cheese
- ½ cup grated Parmesan
- 9 slices coppa ham
- Cut the broccoli and boil until soft.
- Place the broccoli in a blender.
- In a bowl, add an egg and ¾ cup of shredded cheese, mix until solid.
- Form a ball and roll it flat on an oven tray.
- Bake in the oven for 20 min at 350° F.
- Once out of the oven, spread the tomato sauce evenly on the broccoli crust.
- Layer 1 cup of shredded cheese.
- Place a layer of Coppa ham.
- Top off with of grated Parmesan cheese.
- Slide it back into the oven until the cheese melts.