Healthy Eating and Living: A Gluten Free Guide by Mandy
The Official Gluten Free Guru of Gourmandize.com
See more from Mandy at: http://healthyeatingandliving.ca
What is a Gluten Free Diet?
What foods typically contain gluten? What ingredients should you avoid? Nutritionist and fellow gluten-intolerant Mandy King provides the answers to these questions along with a list of other (less obvious) things to watch out for here.
A hereditary auto-immune disease that is estimated to affect over 1 in 133 individuals. The symptoms range from bloating, adominal pain and discomfort, to depression, anxiety and even infertility.
For a complete Overview of Celiac Disease and symptoms read here.
Ten Tips for Going Gluten - Free
1) Accept that it is not the end of the world
Being gluten free is a blessing in disguise. All of a sudden there is no temptation for...
2) Clean out your pantry
Rid your pantry of any...
3) Seek out the help of a nutritionist to get started
...Often simply going gluten free isn't enough...
4) Become best friends with cider
...The majority of gluten free beers just don't cut it...
Continue reading Mandy's Ten Tips for Going Gluten Free.
A Quick Guide for Gluten Free Drinking
Drinking Despite your Gluten Intolerance
Going out and going gluten free don't always go hand and hand. Many celiacs are hesitant to hit the bars with confidence, but they needn't fret! Follow this Gourmandize guide for hitting the bars and you (and your stomach) will thank us tomorrow!
What are your gluten free tips? Share with us below!
More steaming articles
Chef Tips and Tricks
Dive into summer with this fresh, light and healthy mango salad!
- 2 limes
- Olive oil
- Soy sauce
- Red onion, minced
- Lightly sautée the peanuts until golden.
- Take the carrots and cut into thin slices.
- Peel the mango and slice into thin strips.
- Squeeze the juice from 2 limes into a bowl, and add olive oil, soy sauce, minced onion, salt and pepper.
- In a bowl, toss together the mango, carrot, rocket, and lime-soy dressing.