peanut butter cups
- 3/4 cup margarine
- 3/4 cup crunchy peanut butter
- 1 1/2 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 1 1/2 cups powdered sugar
- 1 1/2 cups chocolate chips
- 3 tbsp. shortening
- paper cups
Level of difficulty Average
Cost Average budget
combine peanut butter and butter in medium bowl. microwave for 2-4 minutes until melted. stir in crumbs and sugar and set aside.
combine chocolate chips and shortening in small bowl and melt in microwave until melted.
coat the bottom of each cup with chocolate mixture. put some of the peanut mixture in the cup and coat with more chocolate to cover the top. place in freezer to set.
You'll also love
- Pumpkin Pudding Pie 2.9/5 (9 Votes)
- Caramel Pie 2.9/5 (9 Votes)
- Homemade Cinnamon and Peppermint... 2.9/5 (7 Votes)
- No Bake Marshmallow Cookies 2.9/5 (7 Votes)
- Madre's Toffee 2.9/5 (7 Votes)
- Sugarless Cookies 2.8/5 (13 Votes)
- easy ice cream sandwiches 2.8/5 (17 Votes)
- Moms Snack Mix 2.8/5 (12 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
These salted caramel thumbprint cookies are easy to make and super delicious!
- 1/4 cup / 50g of softened butter
- 1 egg (divide the yolk and white)
- 1/4 cup / 50g of sugar
- Pinch of sea salt
- 1 cup / 150g of flour
- 1 cup / 100g of chopped nuts
- Salted caramel
- Melted dark chocolate
In a bowl, mix together the butter, egg yolk, sugar, and salt.
Add the flour and mix. Roll into a ball.
Chill for 30 minutes.
Remove from refrigerator. Divide the dough and roll into 1-inch balls.
Dip each ball in egg yolk, and then roll in chopped nuts.
Place on baking sheet (lined with parchment paper), and press your thumb into the center.
Bake at 340°F/170°C for 12 minutes, or until golden.
Remove from oven and let cool.
Pour the salted caramel into the center groove,and drizzle with dark chocolate.