Mom's Baked Beans
Our families favorite baked bean recipe. We always make for picnics and get-togethers.
- 8 strips of applewood bacon cooked and crumbled
- 2 16 oz cans Pork and Beans
- 1/4 cup molasses sulfured or unsulfered
- 1 Tablespoon prepared mustard
- 1 Tablespoon ketchup
- 1 medium onion chopped
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
Level of difficulty Easy
Cooking time 30mins
Cost Average budget
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Cook bacon in skillet, cool then crumble into pieces and set aside.
Chop onion and cook in bacon grease.
In ungreased 9x13 pan, mix beans, molasses, mustard, ketchup, crumbled bacon and cooked onion with any grease left behind, and brown sugar. Mix well!
Place in preheated oven for about 30 minutes or no longer soupy.
You'll also love
- Chuckwagon Baked Beans 5/5 (40 Votes)
- Cowboy Stew 4.3/5 (4 Votes)
- Ranch Style Beans 3.7/5 (18 Votes)
- Bacon Wrapped Barbecue Burgers 2.8/5 (14 Votes)
- World Famous Mashed Potatoes 2.9/5 (5 Votes)
- Grilled Cabbage 2.7/5 (19 Votes)
- Brans BLT yum Pizza 2.8/5 (6 Votes)
- Honey Mustard BBQ Chicken and... 2.6/5 (26 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
You'll drool over this 3 cheese, bacon-wrapped baguette.
- Blue cheese
- Cheddar cheese
- 1 baguette
- Sun-dried tomatoes
- Cut your cheeses into thin slices
- Slice baguette down the middle (like a sandwich)
- Layer cheddar, blue, and mozarella cheese inside the bread
- Top with sun-dried tomatoes
- Close baguette and wrap with bacon strips
- Put in oven and bake for 20 minutes at 350 degrees
- Slice and serve!