Chocolate Bread Pudding
- 8 slices egg bread
- 6 oz. Baker's Semi-Sweet Chocolate
- 2-1/2 cups milk
- 5 eggs
- 1/2 cup sugar
Level of difficulty Average
Cost Average budget
Heat oven to 325°F. Spread bread onto bottom of square or oval 1.5-L baking dish.
Microwave chocolate and milk in medium microwaveable bowl on HIGH 3 min.; stir with whisk until chocolate is completely melted. Blend in eggs and sugar; pour over bread. Let stand 10 min.; cover with foil.
Bake 40 min., removing foil after 30 min. Cool slightly.
You'll also love
Chef Tips and Tricks
Try this clever trick to make the perfect zebra cake!
- 2 large water or soda bottles (empty)
- 2 cups flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 sticks butter
- 6 eggs
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 4 tbsp cocoa powder
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Ready 2 large plastic bottles, cleaned and dried.
- Add 1 cup of flour to each bottle.
- Add 1/2 cup of sugar to each.
- Melt butter, then add equal halves to each bottle.
- Add 6 eggs, 3 in each.
- Add 1/2 tbsp of baking powder to each.
- Add 1/2 cup of heavy cream to each.
- Shake the bottles thoroughly until the contents are well mixed.
- In one of the bottles only, add the cocoa powder.
- Beginning with the cocoa powder mixture, add a dolop of batter to the center of a circular
- baking tin. Do the same with the other mixture, placing the dolop directly in the center of the previous one.
- Continue with alternating additions of each mixture until all batter is used and the tin is full.
- Place in the oven and bake for 30 minutes.
- Serve and enjoy!