Greek Potatoes Oven-Roasted
- 8 large potatoes, peeled, cut into large wedges (about 6-7 wedges per potato)
- 4 garlic cloves, minced (more garlic is a good thing, less garlic is a no-no for this recipe)
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1 cup water
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano (get the Mediterranean, it's the best!)
- 1 lemon, juiced
- sea salt
- fresh coarse ground black pepper
Level of difficulty Average
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 80mins
Cost Average budget
Preheat oven to 420°F A reviewer has suggested spraying the baking pan with Pam - that sounds like a great idea!
Put all the ingredients into a baking pan large enough to hold them.
Season generously with sea salt and black pepper.
Make sure your hands are very clean and put them in the pan and give everything a toss to distribute.
The garlic will drop into the water/oil solution but its flavor will permeate the potatoes, and this way, it won't burn.
Bake for 40 minutes.
When a nice golden-brown crust has formed on the potatoes, give them a stir to bring the white underside up, season lightly with a bit more sea salt and pepper and just a light sprinkling of oregano.
Add 1/2 cup more water if pan appears to be getting dry, and pop back into oven to brown other side of potatoes.
Do not be afraid of overcooking the potatoes- they will be delicious.
Note: I often melt a bouillon cube in the water; if you do, make sure to cut back some on the salt.
You'll also love
- One Pan Roasted Chicken and... 4.3/5 (34 Votes)
- Effortless Garlic Roasted Potatoes 4.3/5 (11 Votes)
- Roasted Potato Medley 0/5 (0 Votes)
- cola roast 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Roasted Chicken and Potatoes with... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Grammy's roast leg of lamb 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Greek Cheesecake 0/5 (0 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
In this video, we show you the best way to trim and tie a roast, all by yourself! You don't need the butcher or supermarket to do it for you when it's so easy to do it at home.
Review this recipe