Mushroom Puree for Babies
Introduce your little ones to the earthy flavor of mushrooms with this easy recipe (that you will find pretty tasty, too!).
For babies 6 months or older, although if you're worried about allergies, you may wait til they are at least 10 months.
- 1 small onion or 1/4 regular onion
- 10 oz of fresh button mushrooms
- 5 oz potatoes
- 1.5 oz of cream cheese (Philadelphia or any other brand)
- A tiny bit of butter
- 3/4 cup water
Level of difficulty Average
Cost Average budget
Finely chop the mushrooms and onions.
In a hot pan, melt a small amount of butter and cook the mushrooms and onions until transparent on medium heat.
While they cook, dice the potatoes into small pieces.
When the mushrooms and onions are cooked, add 3/4 cup water and the potatoes, and cook 10 minutes.
When all the vegetables are cooked, blend the mixture into a smooth puree using a hand mixer or small food processor.
Add the cream cheese and blend again until everything is thoroughly mixed.
If you add more water, you can turn this puree into a soup. Also, make sure you use button mushrooms only—they should always be thoroughly cooked before serving.
*Use fresh button mushrooms, not canned*
You'll also love
- Baby Food: Apple and Oat Puree 4.7/5 (55 Votes)
- easy ice cream sandwiches 3.4/5 (147 Votes)
- Chicken and Broccoli in Crescent... 4.3/5 (30 Votes)
- Melon Nanners Oh So Minty 4.3/5 (32 Votes)
- Portobello Fajitas 4.3/5 (29 Votes)
- Beet, Carrots , Potatoes ,... 4.4/5 (9 Votes)
- Refrigerator Cookies 4.5/5 (4 Votes)
- Pear and Potato Puree 3.9/5 (45 Votes)