- 1 1/2 lbs ground beef
- 1 finely chopped medium onion
- 1 – 28 oz can tomatoes
- 2 cups water (500 mL)
- 3 – 10 oz cans consomme
- 1 – 10 oz can tomato soup
- 4 finely chopped carrots
- 1 bay leaf
- 1/2 tsp thyme
- 3 finely chopped sticks celery
- finely chopped parsley
- pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup pot barley (125 mL)
Level of difficulty Average
Preparation time 30mins
Cooking time 180mins
Cost Average budget
Brown meat and onions. Drain well.
Combine all ingredients in large pot. Simmer covered, at least 2 hours, or all day. Serves 10. Freezes well.
A dinnertime classic from the Best of Bridge.
You'll also love
- Savories- Calzones 4.5/5 (53 Votes)
- Baked Pork Chops 4.9/5 (82 Votes)
- Pea Soup 4.5/5 (8 Votes)
- Easy Chicken Rice Soup 4.5/5 (8 Votes)
- YUM!Food Porn Paleo Taco Soup 4.4/5 (61 Votes)
- CALIFORNIA ROLLS 4.4/5 (26 Votes)
- Outback Steakhouse Queensland... 4.1/5 (236 Votes)
- Parmesan Chicken Breast 4.3/5 (108 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
In this video, we show you the best way to trim and tie a roast, all by yourself! You don't need the butcher or supermarket to do it for you when it's so easy to do it at home.