Spiced Pumpkin Cheesecake with Gingersnap Crust
- 1 cup gingersnap cookie crumbs (about 9 large cookies)
- 1/2 cup finely chopped pecans
- 1/4 cup melted butter
- 2 Pkg (each 8 oz/250 g) softened cream cheese
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) sour cream
- 1-1/2 cups (375 mL) pumpkin purée
- 1 tsp each cinnamon and vanilla
- 1/2 tsp each ground ginger and nutmeg
- Pinch ground cloves
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
Level of difficulty Average
Preparation time 30mins
Cooking time 60mins
Cost Average budget
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease 9-inch springform pan; line side with parchment paper. Center pan on square of heavy-duty foil; press to side of pan.
In bowl, combine cookie crumbs, pecans and butter; press evenly over bottom of pan. Bake in centre of 350 degree F oven for 10 minutes or until firm to touch. Let cool on rack.
Meanwhile, in large bowl, beat cream cheese with sugar until smooth. Beat in eggs, 1 at a time. Beat in sour cream. Beat in remaining ingredients except for brown sugar. Pour over crust, smoothing top.
Place pan in roasting pan; pour in enough hot water to come 1 inch up sides of pan. Bake in center of 350 degree F oven for about 50 minutes or until edge is puffed and center is just set.
Turn oven off. Let cool in water bath in oven, with door closed, for an hour. Remove pan from water. Remove foil. Let cool completely in pan on rack. Cover and refrigerate for 4 hours or until chilled, up to 24 hours.
For a caramel sugar shard garnish: On greased foil-lined baking sheet, trace 9-inch circle; with spatula, spread brown sugar evenly over circle.
With door ajar and watching closely, broil sugar for 2-3 minutes or until bubbling and starting to darken, roasting pan to melt evenly. With greased knife, immediately cut into 12 triangles; let harden.
To serve, break along cuts. With tips at center, stand long edge of each at 45-degree angles on cake - use pre-scored lines to make placement easier.
You'll also love
- Buttery Pecan snowballs 4.1/5 (15 Votes)
- Pan Baked Ginger Snaps 4.1/5 (15 Votes)
- Blueberry Cream Cheesecake 4/5 (44 Votes)
- Citrus Cake of Kings 4.3/5 (16 Votes)
- Cherry Cheese Cake 4.1/5 (17 Votes)
- Bourbon Chocolate & Pomegranate... 4/5 (30 Votes)
- Rubarb Crunch Cake 4.3/5 (1 Votes)
- Grandma Barbie's Gingerbread... 4.3/5 (9 Votes)
Review this recipe