Exotic Fruit Salad
Rate this recipe 4/5 (16 Votes)
Recipewe ♡ 0 Picture
- 1 Victoria pineapple
- 2 kiwis
- 1 pink grapefruit
- 4 figs
- 12 lychees
- 1 mango
- 2 oranges
- the zest of 1 lime
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons rum (optional)
Level of difficulty Easy
Preparation time 15mins
Cost Average budget
Peel the oranges, grapefruit, kiwis and mango, then cut into slices and place in a large bowl. Add the lime zest.
De-pit the lychees and add them to the bowl.
Cut the pineapple in half, cut off the skin and then cut into quarters and add to the bowl.
Peel the figs and add to the rest of the fruit.
Add the rum (if you're using it) and the sugar, then cover with plastic wrap and let stand in the refrigerator for 2 hours before serving.
You'll also love
- Tropical fruit salad 4.6/5 (62 Votes)
- Candy Sushi 4/5 (14 Votes)
- Caramel Squares 4/5 (14 Votes)
- Warm Potato Salad 4/5 (13 Votes)
- Shrimp, Grape, Cashew Salad 4/5 (13 Votes)
- Bottled Beans 4/5 (13 Votes)
- Sunday Morning Blueberry Muffins 3.6/5 (42 Votes)
- The Peachy Keen 4/5 (10 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
VIDEO: Rustic Cherry Tart
Craving sweet? This rustic cherry tart is easy, quick and delicious!
- 1 shortcrust pastry
- 3 cups / 750 g. of cherries
- 1/3 cup / 60 g. of sugar
- 2/3 cup / 60 g. of almond flour
- 4 tbsp. of brown sugar
- A dash of milk
- Mix the cherries and sugar together. Let stand 20 minutes.
- Spread or roll out the shortcrust pastry, sprinkle with almond powder and brown sugar.
- Place the cherries in the center of the dough, leaving about 2 inches of free dough on the edges. Fold in the edges.
- Brush with milk (this will make the crust go golden), sprinkle with brown sugar and bake for 20 minutes at 350°F/180°C.
- Top with a handful of chopped pistachios, and serve!
Review this recipe