Monaharam (A sweet snack)
- Rice - 8 cup.
- Passi paruppu - 1 cup. (dry roast till hot)
- Kadala Paruppu - 1 cup.(dry roast till hot)
- Oil for frying.
Level of difficulty Average
Cost Average budget
Grind rice and dals into a fine powder.
For 2 cups flour, add very little salt and butter and make it to dough.
Fry in oil with a big achu.
Boil lesser than 2 cups jaggery in just enough water. Make a syrup of a ball consistency. (If you drop the syrup in cold water, you should be able to shape it into a small ball). Add the fried snack to this.
A sweet snack served hot or stored for later.
You'll also love
Chef Tips and Tricks
These baked Cheesy Eggplant Hedgehogs are totally adorable, tasty and really easy to make!
- 3 large eggplants
- 1 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup chopped basil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 4 cup shredded cheese
- Mix the olive oil, chopped basil, garlic, salt and pepper in a bowl.
- Carefully slice the eggplant on it's side in a cross-hatch pattern, without cutting all the way through.
- Lay the eggplants inside an oven-safe baking tray.
- Pour the oil mixture over the eggplants, taking care to pour between the slices.
- Stuff the gaps in the eggplant with shredded cheese.
- Cook in the oven at 355°F for 45 minutes, until the flesh is cooked and the cheese totally melted.
- Serve and enjoy!