Peanut Butter Hot Dogs
- 2 tablespoons peanut butter
- 2 slices whole wheat bread
- 1 banana, peeled
Level of difficulty Average
Cost Budget Friendly
Spread a tablespoon of peanut butter onto one side of each slice of bread. Break the banana into two pieces, and place one half onto the center of each peanut buttered bread slice. Wrap the bread around each banana and eat like a hot dog!
You'll also love
Chef Tips and Tricks
Enjoy these super easy, cheesy, dumpling-style croque monsieurs!
- 4 slices of bread
- 4 slices of ham
- 6 cherry tomatoes
- Mozzarella cheese
- Egg yolk
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- On a large piece of plastic wrap, press one slice of bread flat with a rolling pin.
- Add one slice of ham, cherry tomatoes, and mozzarella cheese.
- Take the four corners of the bread, pull them in towards the center, pinch them together so that the bread maintains the shape.
- Envelope the bread in the plastic wrap. Gather and twist the ends on top to seal the sandwich dumpling.
- Repeat this step with the other slices of bread.
- Remove the bread balls from the fridge and roll each one in flour, then egg yolk, then breadcrumbs.
- Bake for 15 minutes.
- Serve alone or with dipping sauces of your choice.