Grandma Cindy's Bayou Broccoli
- 1/2 stick butter
- 1/2 c. chopped onion
- 1/4 c. chopped celery
- 1 1/2 c. Instant rice
- 1 pkg. frozen chopped broccoli
- 1 can cream of mushroom soup
- 1-8 oz jar Cheese Whiz
Level of difficulty Average
Preparation time 25mins
Cooking time 40mins
Cost Average budget
Melt butter in a large skillet. Pour some into a 9x13 casserole and set aside.
In same skillet, saute the onions and celery. Add the uncooked rice and frozen broccoli plus 1 1/2 cups water. Mix well. Add the mushroom soup and cheese whiz. Stir to blend. Cook slowly, stirring often until broccoli thaws and cheese melts. Mix thoroughly.
Transfer to a large buttered casserole and bake at 350 uncovered for 40 minutes.
All ovens are different so cooking times in any recipe may vary 5-10 minutes.
You'll also love
Chef Tips and Tricks
This Gluten-Free Broccoli Pizza is original, healthy and super tasty!
- 1 head broccoli
- 1 egg
- 1 ¾ cups of your favorite shredded cheese (we recommend two types- 1 cup of one, ¾ cup of the other)
- 1 cup tomato sauce (or canned crushed tomatoes)
- ¾ cup shredded cheese
- ½ cup grated Parmesan
- 9 slices coppa ham
- Cut the broccoli and boil until soft.
- Place the broccoli in a blender.
- In a bowl, add an egg and ¾ cup of shredded cheese, mix until solid.
- Form a ball and roll it flat on an oven tray.
- Bake in the oven for 20 min at 350° F.
- Once out of the oven, spread the tomato sauce evenly on the broccoli crust.
- Layer 1 cup of shredded cheese.
- Place a layer of Coppa ham.
- Top off with of grated Parmesan cheese.
- Slide it back into the oven until the cheese melts.