Picadillo recipe, Mexican style ground beef with carrots, potatoes, green peas, raisins and tomato sauce. Great in a taco, over white rice or on a tostada.
- 2 lbs lower fat ground beef
- 2 medium white potatoes
- 2 medium carrots
- 1 cup green peas (preferably use frozen peas not canned)
- ½ cup raisins
- 1 cup tomato sauce
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
Level of difficulty Average
Cost Average budget
Peel the carrots and potatoes first.
Chop the potatoes.
Chop the carrots.
Preheat 2 tablespoons of cooking oil in a large frying pan over medium-high heat.
Add the ground beef to the frying pan and lightly brown the ground beef. (about 5 minutes)
Add the potatoes, stir and cook for 3 minutes.
Add the carrots, stir and cook for 3 minutes.
Add the raisins and peas.
Add the tomato sauce, salt and black pepper.
Reduce the heat to medium-low and cook for 20 minutes.
Taste the picadillo and add salt if necessary.
You'll also love
- Green apple and prosciutto salsa... 4.5/5 (94 Votes)
- YUM!Food Porn RECIPE: Grilled salmon with orange... 4.1/5 (101 Votes)
- Taco Pie 4.2/5 (58 Votes)
- Mom's Taco Chicken 4.4/5 (37 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
These quick and easy chicken quesadillas are the perfect, last-minute family dinner!
- 2 chicken breasts
- 1/2 cup of tomato sauce
- 1/2 cup of chives, chopped
- 1 tsp. of Mexican spice mix
- 4 Tortillas
- Salt, to taste
- Put shredded chicken breast, tomato sauce, chives, and mexican spice mix in a bowl and mix together.
- Lay out the tortillas. Place a slice of cheddar in the center, and cover with the chicken mix.
- Fold up tortillas, and heat in a frying pan until golden.