Picadillo recipe, Mexican style ground beef with carrots, potatoes, green peas, raisins and tomato sauce. Great in a taco, over white rice or on a tostada.
- 2 lbs lower fat ground beef
- 2 medium white potatoes
- 2 medium carrots
- 1 cup green peas (preferably use frozen peas not canned)
- ½ cup raisins
- 1 cup tomato sauce
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
Level of difficulty Average
Cost Average budget
Peel the carrots and potatoes first.
Chop the potatoes.
Chop the carrots.
Preheat 2 tablespoons of cooking oil in a large frying pan over medium-high heat.
Add the ground beef to the frying pan and lightly brown the ground beef. (about 5 minutes)
Add the potatoes, stir and cook for 3 minutes.
Add the carrots, stir and cook for 3 minutes.
Add the raisins and peas.
Add the tomato sauce, salt and black pepper.
Reduce the heat to medium-low and cook for 20 minutes.
Taste the picadillo and add salt if necessary.
You'll also love
- Green apple and prosciutto salsa... 4.5/5 (92 Votes)
- YUM!Food Porn RECIPE: Grilled salmon with orange... 4/5 (100 Votes)
- Taco Pie 4.2/5 (58 Votes)
- Mom's Taco Chicken 4.4/5 (37 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
Who wants cheesy, delicious quesadillas for dinner?
- 16 Cherry tomatoes
- Black olives
- 4 Big tortillas
- 4 Handfuls of baby spinach
- Sprinkle of feta
- Grated cheddar
- Olive oil
- Slice the cherry tomatoes and black olives in half.
- Lay out a quesadilla, and top with baby spinach, cherry tomatoes, olives, feta and cheddar.
- Fold in half.
- Heat a pan and drizzle with olive oil.
- Cook quesadilla on both sides, until golden.