Love Hamilton? Now You Can Eat Like Him (And The Founding Fathers)
Eat like a Revolutionary War hero.
Fans of the wildly popular Broadway musical Hamilton will now be able to indulge their fandom on a food level: The Hamilton Cookbook is hitting shelves this fall.
The book is inspired by Alexander Hamilton and provides insight into what kind of food the Founding Father ate, what his favorite meals were, and what kind of foods were popular back in the early days of America.
The book allows home cooks to "recreate a meal Hamilton might have eaten after a Revolutionary War battle or as he composed the Federalist Papers."
Some of the recipes included are fried sausages with apples, gingerbread cake, and (what could be more American?) apple pie. The book is set for release in November, just in time for an early-America-themed Thanksgiving feast!
If the book is anything like the music, it's definitely worth a try.
Like this article? You should definitely check out American's 50 best craft beers.
More steaming articles
Chef Tips and Tricks
These quick and easy chicken quesadillas are the perfect, last-minute family dinner!
- 2 chicken breasts
- 1/2 cup of tomato sauce
- 1/2 cup of chives, chopped
- 1 tsp. of Mexican spice mix
- 4 Tortillas
- Salt, to taste
- Put shredded chicken breast, tomato sauce, chives, and mexican spice mix in a bowl and mix together.
- Lay out the tortillas. Place a slice of cheddar in the center, and cover with the chicken mix.
- Fold up tortillas, and heat in a frying pan until golden.