Are you ready for the most delicious corn of your life? This is how to do it...
Cook corn this way to make it tender, juicy and deliciously sweet.
There is nothing worse than bringing home some lovely ears of corn, only to cook them and find out that they are bland and flavorless. Ensure that your corn is always tender, juicy and totally delicious by using this method.
Firstly, try to buy the freshest corn you can. The longer it has been off the stalk, the less flavor it will have when it gets to your plate.
Next, skip the microwave method, or boiling it in a pan of water, and instead use milk and butter to bring your ears to life!
- 5 ears of corn
- 600 ml 2 ½ cups water
- 1 liter / 4 cups of milk
- 80g / 1 stick of butter
- Salt (you can skip this if you use salted butter)
- Place the water and milk in a large saucepan and bring to a boil.
- When it begins to boil, add the corncobs and salt and let them boil for 8-10 minutes.
- Drain and serve immediately.
You shouldn't need to add butter or salt to your corn, but you might like to add mayonnaise and cheese, and enjoy them Mexican style.
More steaming articles
Chef Tips and Tricks
Let your artistic side out with these easy Pollock-inspired smashed potatoes!
- Boil the desired amount of small potatoes until tender.
- Spread on a lined baking tray, flatten slightly using a cup or jar. Don't over-flatten them!
- Sprinkle liberally with shredded cheese and Parmesan.
- Top with bacon slices approximately the same size as the potatoes.
- Drizzle liberally with balsamic vinegar.
- Place in oven, under the grill for 15 min at 375°F until the cheese is melted and the bacon is crispy.