Jamie Oliver Restaurants Caught In Meat Hygiene Scandal
The restaurants have pulled steak dishes off their menus in the midst of "one of the biggest food scandals since horsemeat."
© Jamie Oliver
Tough times lie ahead for celebrity chef Jamie Oliver's restaurant empire. Just weeks after announcing plans to close 12 of its 37 Jamie's Italian locations, the restaurant group has found itself in the middle of what some experts warn as "one of the biggest food scandals since horsemeat."
More steaming articles
Chef Tips and Tricks
These tasty stuffed cabbage rolls are so easy!
- 1 onion
- 5 - 6 thick rashers bacon
- 1/2 lb sausage meat
- 1/2 cup tomato paste
- 2 cloves garlic, diced
- 2 bell peppers, diced
- 1 cabbage head
- Fry the bacon in a skillet, then add onion, and meat.
- Add tomato paste, bell peppers, garlic and salt, and simmer till cooked through
- Boil 1 whole cabbage head in salted water till tender
- Spoon mixture into individual cabbage leaves, and fold carefully to form little rolls
- Serve with any remaining mixture