Make delicious baked chips at home - 5 recipes
Chef Tips and Tricks
These Spanish empanadas are little hot pockets of delicious!
- 2.25 Cups of flour
- 1 Egg, beaten
- 3 Tsp. of lard
- 1/5 Cup of warm water
- 5 Tsp. of olive oil
- 1 Onion, minced
- 1/2 pound of ground beef
- Salt and pepper, to season
- 1 Tsp. of chili powder
- 1 Tsp. of cumin
- 2 Garlic cloves, diced
- 1 Can of diced tomatoes
- In a bowl, combine the flour, beaten egg, lard, warm water, and olive oil, and mix thoroughly.
- In a hot pan, pour a little olive oil and sautée the onions, until tender. Add the ground beef, salt, pepper, chili powder, cumin, garlic and diced tomatoes. Cook until beef is no longer pink, and the flavors have incorporated well.
- Roll out the empanada dough, and cut out circles with a ramekin.
- Cover a baking tray with a piece of parchment paper, and place the dough circles on top.
- Fill with meat mixture, fold in half and press with the edge of a fork. Brush with egg yolk to glaze.
- Cook at 350°F for 15 to 20 minutes, or until golden.
- Remove from oven... and enjoy!
Top rated Baked chips recipes
Baked Kale Chips
Healthy low calorie/low fat snack
- 1 pound fresh kale
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
Baked Cinnamon Apple Chips
Preheat oven to 200 degrees F
- 3 Apples (Granny Smith, Pink Lady, or Honey Crisp)
- Ground Cinnamon
- Granulated Sugar
Baked Corn Chips
Cut tortillas into triangles
Baked Banana Chips Recipe
For an inexpensive, guilt-free snack, bake perfectly crisp and sweet banana chips
- 2 bananas, peeled
- 250 millilitres (1 cup) fresh squeezed lemon juice
- Cooking spray
Fruit Salsa with Baked Cinnamon Chips
In a large bowl, thoroughly mix kiwis, apples, raspberries, strawberries, white sugar, brown sugar, and fruit prese...
- for the fruit salsa:
- 2 kiwis, peeled and diced
- 2 Golden Delicious apples – peeled, cored and diced
- 8 oz raspberries
- 1 (16 oz) carton of strawberries, diced
- 2 tbsp white sugar
- 1 tbsp brown sugar
- 3 tbsp fruit preserves, any flavor (I used strawberry; would only use 2 tbsp next time)
- for the cinnamon chips:
- 10 (10 inch) flour tortillas
- melted butter or butter flavored cooking spray
- cinnamon sugar:
- 1 cup white sugar
- 2 tbsp cinnamon