Cooking with cajun spices - 7 recipes
If you like this, you'll definitely like: authentic cajun recipes
Chef Tips and Tricks
Two of your favorite desserts come together...in the most DELICIOUS of ways!
- 1 1/2 cups of chocolate chunks or chips
- 1 stick of butter
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 cups flour
- ½ cup cocoa powder
- Preheat the oven to 320°F.
- Add the chocolate and butter to an oven-safe mixing bowl and place in the oven for 10 minutes.
- Remove, and set the oven to preheat to 350°F. The mixture should now be a thin chocolate sauce.
- Stir in the sugar.
- Add the egg and stir until blended.
- Add vanilla and stir.
- In a separate mixing bowl, add the flour, a pinch of salt, a pinch of sugar, and cocoa powder.
- Blend the ingredients together.
- Using a sifter, add the dry ingredients into the chocolate batter, then mix all ingredients together thoroughly.
- Pour half of the mixture into a foil-lined baking tin.
- Smooth out the batter, then top with a layer of Oreo cookies.
- Pour the rest of the batter on top and smooth evenly.
- Bake for 20 minutes, or until an inserted toothpick comes out clean.
- Serve and enjoy!
Top rated Cajun spices recipes
By Megglesishere, meggles101
Spice up your spaghetti..
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1 1/2 teaspoons hot pepper sauce
- 2 tablespoons Cajun seasoning
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 1/4 cup fresh bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup barbeque sauce
- 1/2 cup peach preserves
Gumbo Recipes: From Easy To Advanced And Everything In Between
Get the lowdown on all the different ways to make this Creole treat!
Cajun Shrimp Fettuccine Alfredo
Start cooking the pasta. Melt the butter in a pan over medium-high heat, toss the shrimp in the cajun seasoning, a...
- 8 ounces fettuccine or your favourite pasta
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 pound shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 tablespoon cajun seasoning
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1/4 cup dry white wine or chicken broth
- 1 cup heavy/whipping cream
- 1 cup parmigiano reggiano (parmesan), grated
- 1/2 tablespoon cajun seasoning or to taste - link this
- 1/4 cup green onion, sliced
Spicy Cajun BBQ Chicken
Wash chicken and pat dry
- 4- 1/4 pieces of chicken
- 1 tbsp Cajun spice
- 3 tsps tandoori masala
- 2 tsp white vinegar
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp Worcester sauce
- 2 tsp soya sauce
- 2 tsp crushed garlic
- 2 tsp chilli garlic sauce
- 1 tbsp chicken & Rib BBQ sauce
- Salt and pepper to taste.
Cajun Chicken Pasta Dinner
Prep all your vegetables. In a small blender make a slurry by combining milk, flour and cream cheese
- 8 ounces uncooked linguine (I used Dreamfields)
- 1 pound chicken breast strips
- 1-2 tsp Cajun seasoning (or to taste)
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 medium red bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 medium yellow bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 8 oz fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1/2 red onion, sliced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 medium tomatoes, diced
- 1 cup fat free low sodium chicken broth
- 1/3 cup skim milk
- 1 tbsp flour
- 3 tbsp light cream cheese
- fresh cracked pepper
- 2 scallions, chopped
- salt to taste
- Smart Balance cooking spray
Peel and chop potatoes into bite-size pieces
- 4 to 5 lbs. potatoes
- 1 stick butter/margarine
- 1 oz package of French onion soup/ dip mix
- 1/4 cup water
- salt and pepper
- Tony Chachere's Creole Seasoning
- 16 oz shredded cheddar cheese
Combine all ingredients. Keep unused portion in tight container
- 1 tablespoon sweet paprika
- 2 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon cayenne
- 3/4 teaspoon white pepper
- 3/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano leaves
Cajun Blackened Spice Mix
Mix all spices together and store in an airtight jar
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 2 1/2 tablespoons salt
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon cayenne pepper
- 3/4 tablespoon white pepper
- 3/4 tablespoon black pepper
- 1/2 tablespoon thyme
- 1/2 tablespoon oregano
- 1/4 tablespoon sage