Great date night dessert ideas - 5 recipes
If you like this, you'll definitely like: chocolate mousse without eggs, chocolate cocoa powder, dark chocolate mousse, chocolate mousse recipe easy, mini fruit tart recipe, vanilla pudding without cornstarch
Chef Tips and Tricks
Try this clever trick to make the perfect zebra cake!
- 2 large water or soda bottles (empty)
- 2 cups flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 sticks butter
- 6 eggs
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 4 tbsp cocoa powder
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Ready 2 large plastic bottles, cleaned and dried.
- Add 1 cup of flour to each bottle.
- Add 1/2 cup of sugar to each.
- Melt butter, then add equal halves to each bottle.
- Add 6 eggs, 3 in each.
- Add 1/2 tbsp of baking powder to each.
- Add 1/2 cup of heavy cream to each.
- Shake the bottles thoroughly until the contents are well mixed.
- In one of the bottles only, add the cocoa powder.
- Beginning with the cocoa powder mixture, add a dolop of batter to the center of a circular
- baking tin. Do the same with the other mixture, placing the dolop directly in the center of the previous one.
- Continue with alternating additions of each mixture until all batter is used and the tin is full.
- Place in the oven and bake for 30 minutes.
- Serve and enjoy!
Top rated Date night dessert recipes
Dessert- Strawberry Mousse
Place the chopped strawberries in a pan with the cup of water, add the half cup of sugar and bring to a simmer
- 1 cup fresh or frozen strawberries
- 1/2 cup + 2 tbsp sugar
- 1 cup water
- 2 cups whipping or double cream
- 1 tbsp. halal gelatin powder
- 1 tsp. vanilla essence
- chocolate shavings or sprinkles for garnishing
Fudge it up: How to prepare scrumptious homemade fudge
By Pascale Weeks
One bite of this homemade fudge, and you'll be hooked for life.
Dessert- Mint Cheesecake
Blend biscuits in blender and melt the butter and mix together till all biscuit is coated
- 300g Philadelphia cheese
- 250g digestives
- 100g melted butter
- 50g icing sugar
- 1 1/2 cups whipping cream
- 1 big aero chocolate bar
How to pair red wine with chocolate
A match made in heaven?
whisky cocktail dessert
A mouthwatering dessert made with a whisky mascarpone cream, lemon-lime sauce and almond crumble
- For the whisky mascarpone cream:
- 60 g powdered sugar
- 20 ml scotch whisky
- 250 g mascarpone
- 8 g gelatin
- 55 ml water
- 200 g cream
- For the lemon-lime sauce:
- 70 g sugar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 235 ml water
- juice of 1 lemon + zest of half
- juice of 1 lime + zest of half
- 1 tablespoon butter
- For the almond crumble:
- 25 g sugar
- 50 g butter
- 110g flour
- 15g almond flour
Dreamy Chocolate Dessert
Layer 1: with a pastry blender, blend margarine, flour, chop in almonds
- 1 cup margarine or butter
- 2 cups flour
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1/2 cupchopped almonds
- 1/3 cup sliced almonds
- 8 oz softened cream cheese
- 1 pck. 3 oz instand vanilla pudding
- 1 pck 3 oz instant chocolate pudding
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 3 cups cold milk
- 12 oz cool whip
- Chocolate Slivers for decoration
Believe it or not, you can make this chocolate mousse with water!
By Pascale Weeks
A STEP-by-STEP recipe for 2-ingredient vegan chocolate mousse!
Dessert- Meringue Kisses
Wash your hands, bowls and any utensils you will be using for this recipe to remove any trace of grease
- 3 egg whites
- at room temperature
- 1/4 tsp cream of tartar
- 2/3 cup superfine sugar
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- gel food colouring
- 1/2 cup white candy melts
- coloured sprinkles or coarse sugar