Our best german soft pretzel recipes - 3 recipes
Chef Tips and Tricks
- 150g / 3/4 cup sugar
- 150g / 2/3 cup softened butter
- 3 eggs
- 1 tsp fresh yeast
- 180g / 1 1/2 cups flour
- 190g / 1 1/2 cups chocolate, melted
- 4 pears
- Combine sugar, butter and eggs in bowl. Mix well.
- Add fresh yeast and flour and mix through.
- Pour in melted chocolate and fold into mixture.
- Peel 4 pears (or as many comfortably fit in your baking pan)
- Pour chocolate mixture into lined or greased baking loaf pan.
- Evenly space the pears in the pan, sitting upright.
- Bake at 350°F / 180°C for 35 minutes.
- Drizzle with more melted chocolate, and serve.
Psssst... check out all our chocolate covered recipes, here!
Top rated German soft pretzel recipes
Olive Parmesan Pretzel Bites
By dizzybusyandhungry, Dizzy Busy and Hungry
Easy, no-yeast recipe for creating soft pretzel bites, with yummy green olives and Parmesan cheese baked right in!
- 2 cups flour
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- cut into pieces and softened
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup Parmesan cheese
- ½ cup chopped green olives (no pimentos)
- cup milk
- 1 egg
- coarse salt (for sprinkling)
Your sweet cheat sheet: 10 low-calorie treats you can snack on
By DE: Luisa
Go for these 10 low-calorie treats the next time you feel a snack attack coming on!
Bourbon Smoked Salt Soft Pretzels
By Bourbon Barrel Foods, Bourbon Barrel Foods
Knead all of the dough ingredients until the dough is soft and not sticky (5 minutes)
- 2 1/2 cup all purpose flour
- 2 1/4 tsp yeast
- 1 cup warm water
- 1 tsp Bourbon Smoked Sugar
- 1/2 tsp Bourbon Smoked Salt
- Topping ingredients
- 1 TBS baking soda
- 1/2 cup water
- Bourbon Smoked Salt
- 4 TBS unsalted butter
- Click this link to explore all of Bourbon Barrel Food's exciting products: Bourbon Barrel Foods
30 sensational gluten-free snacks
By Déborah Deprez
Gluten-free or not, you'll be bowled over by these 30 superb gluten-free snack ideas!
Soft Pretzel Bites
Yummy! Who loves salty, chewy, soft and delicious pretzels?! I sure do! With that being said, check out this super ...
- 1 1/2 cups warm water
- 2 tablespoons light brown sugar
- 1 package active dry yeast (2 1/4 teaspoons)
- 3 ounces unsalted butter
- 2-1/2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 4-1/2 to 5 cups all-purpose flour
- Vegetable oil
- 3 quarts water
- 3/4 cup baking soda
- 1 whole egg
- beaten with 1 tablespoon cold water
- Coarse sea salt (kosher salt will work