Our best healthy cabbage ideas - 3 recipes
Chef Tips and Tricks
Check out our delicious spin on the classic Brazilian cake, with Fererro Rochers and Kit-Kat!
For the batter:
- 3 eggs
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup of cocoa powder
- 1 cup flour
- 2 tablespoons neutral oil
- 1 cup of of natural yogurt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
For the frosting:
- 2 cups chocolate chunks
- 3 cans of condensed milk
- 2 and 1/2 cups thickened cream
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- In a pan, melt together the condensed milk, the chocolates in pieces and the butter. Slowly fold in the thickened cream. Mix, without stopping, until it is smooth and thick.
- Transfer to the refrigerator and allow to cool for 1 hour.
- In a bowl, mix together the eggs and sugar. Add the oil and mix again.
- In another bowl mix together the flour, cocoa powder, baking powder and the bicarbonate soda. Pour in the egg mixture, mix together, then add the yogurt.
Grease and sprinkle cocoa powder inside two springform pans. Divide the batter mixture between them, then bake at 360°F for approximately 20 minutes.
- Remove the cakes from the oven, and allow to cool.
- Spread some of the frosting between the layers of the cake, and generously spread around the outside.
- Decorate the cake with Kit Kats, extra frosting and Fererro Rochers, in your style!
For more food buzz and delightful recipes, follow us on Facebook!
Top rated Healthy cabbage recipes
Grandma Katrina's Russian Cabbage Rolls GolubtsyRecipewe ♡
By european cuties kitchen, European Cutie's Kitchen
Here is my grandma Katrina's russian recipe for stuffed cabbage rolls, only I made them healthier!
- 1 big loose head of white cabbage
- 1 lb turkey ground
- 1 + 1 onions
- 1/2 cup rice pre-boiled in 2 cups of water( I omit this for a low carb option)
- 1 small carrot
- finely grated
- 2 big ripe tomatoes
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- Red pepper (optional)
- Filtered water
- about 1 - 1 1/4 cups
- 1 big pot to boil cabbage
- 1 frying pan
- 1 Dutch oven or big shallow pot with lid
- Preparation time: about 2 hours
Cabbage Roll Casserole
By Lorrie Levere
An easy way to have the flavour of cabbage rolls without all the work
- 3 cups of shredded cabbage
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 can tomato soup
- 3 tbsp. or more of uncooked rice
- 1 onion.
CORNBEEF AND CABBAGE
Easy local Hawaii dish
- 1 can cornbeef
- 1 head cabbage