Our best healthy cabbage ideas - 3 recipes
Chef Tips and Tricks
Two of your favorite desserts come together...in the most DELICIOUS of ways!
- 1 1/2 cups of chocolate chunks or chips
- 1 stick of butter
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 cups flour
- ½ cup cocoa powder
- Preheat the oven to 320°F.
- Add the chocolate and butter to an oven-safe mixing bowl and place in the oven for 10 minutes.
- Remove, and set the oven to preheat to 350°F. The mixture should now be a thin chocolate sauce.
- Stir in the sugar.
- Add the egg and stir until blended.
- Add vanilla and stir.
- In a separate mixing bowl, add the flour, a pinch of salt, a pinch of sugar, and cocoa powder.
- Blend the ingredients together.
- Using a sifter, add the dry ingredients into the chocolate batter, then mix all ingredients together thoroughly.
- Pour half of the mixture into a foil-lined baking tin.
- Smooth out the batter, then top with a layer of Oreo cookies.
- Pour the rest of the batter on top and smooth evenly.
- Bake for 20 minutes, or until an inserted toothpick comes out clean.
- Serve and enjoy!
Top rated Healthy cabbage recipes
Grandma Katrina's Russian Cabbage Rolls GolubtsyRecipewe ♡
By european cuties kitchen, European Cutie's Kitchen
Here is my grandma Katrina's russian recipe for stuffed cabbage rolls, only I made them healthier!
- 1 big loose head of white cabbage
- 1 lb turkey ground
- 1 + 1 onions, chopped
- 1/2 cup rice pre-boiled in 2 cups of water( I omit this for a low carb option)
- 1 small carrot, finely grated
- 2 big ripe tomatoes, diced
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- Red pepper (optional)
- Filtered water, about 1 - 1 1/4 cups
- 1 big pot to boil cabbage
- 1 frying pan
- 1 Dutch oven or big shallow pot with lid
- Preparation time: about 2 hours
Cabbage Roll Casserole
By Lorrie Levere
An easy way to have the flavour of cabbage rolls without all the work
- 3 cups of shredded cabbage, 1 pound ground beef, 1 can tomato soup, 3 tbsp. or more of uncooked rice, 1 onion.
CORNBEEF AND CABBAGE
Easy local Hawaii dish
- 1 can cornbeef
- 1 head cabbage