How to make homemade mayonnaise with olive oil - 4 recipes
Chef Tips and Tricks
These mini cherry pies are so cute, we could eat them right up!
- Apricot, diced
- Apple, diced
- Almond Flakes
- White sugar
- Brown sugar
- Baking powder
- Egg Yolk
- Preheat the oven to 350° F.
- Roll out some dough, and then use a cup or a cookie cutter to cut the dough into circles.
- Place each circle into the cavities of a silicone muffin mould (or greased tin), and press into the bottom and along the sides.
- Pit the cherries, and throw into a pot.
- Add sugar, baking powder, and water, and simmer until it thickens to a saucy consistency.
- Use a spoon to fill each pie to 2/3 to the top.
- Optional: for a bit of variety, you can also fill the pies with apricots + brown sugar + butter, or apples + brown sugar + almond flakes.
- For the lattice crust: use a pizza slicer to cut out thin strips of dough, then lace together to form a lattice.
- Use a cup to cut the lattice into circles, then gently place on top of the uncooked pies.
- Brush with egg yolk and sprinkle with sugar.
- Bake the pies at 350° F for 25 minutes, or until golden.
- Let cool for 15 minutes, then gently lift the pies out with the edge of a knife.
Top rated Homemade mayonnaise with olive oil recipes
By straightouttamykitchen, Straight Outta My Kitchen
Everybody needs to know how to make mayonnaise! Check out this great recipe
- 2 raw Egg yolks.
- 1 cup quality Oil.
- 2 tablespoons fresh Lemon juice.
- 1 tablespoon Water.
- Sea Salt.
DIRECTIONS: Pour olive oil into tall narrow beaker
- 1 egg
- 1 cup olive oil
- 1 tbsp lemon juice (optional)
- Pinch of salt
In a quart sized mason jar or container that came with your immersion blender (tall and just wide enough to fit the...
- 1 egg
- room temp
- 1 tsp (or to taste) Dijon mustard
- 1 clove garlic (optional)
- Lemon juice
- a good squeeze (1/2 lemon is too much); vinegar may be substituted
- 1/2 to 1 cup mild oil
In a food processor, add all of the ingredients except the olive oil
- 1 cup fresh arugula
- tightly packed
- ½ cup mayo
- 1 tbsp pesto paste
- or prepared pesto in a jar
- ½ lemon
- 1 tsp garlic paste
- or 2 cloves of minced garlic
- Pepper and Lemon pepper to taste
- 1 tbsp olive oil