Zucchini, ham and parmesan casserole
By Mimm du blog Les Délices de Mimm
- 5-6 zucchinis
- 4-5 oz ham
- 5 tbsp olive oil
- 1 3/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 stick of butter
- 6 tbsp flour
- 2 tbsp pesto
- 3 tbsp breadcrumbs
Level of difficulty Easy
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 10mins
Cost Budget Friendly
Cut zucchini washed but not peeled, slice and cooked in a skillet over medium heat in olive oil for about ten minutes, stirring occasionally.
Salt and pepper. Add the pesto and mix.
Cut ham into strips.
In a bowl mix the butter with the flour and Parmesan cheese for a sandy texture.
Spread zucchini in individual dishes or one large dish by layering with the ham.
Spread the crumble topping and sprinkle with breadcrumbs. Bake about 10 minutes in preheated oven at 410 °. Serve hot.
You'll also love
Chef Tips and Tricks
Combine summer zucchini with leftover mashed potatoes for a delicious, savory treat!
- 5 Potatoes
- 1.5 Cup shredded zucchini
- 3/4 Cup shredded cheese
- 3/ Cup milk
- 1/3 Cup coriander, chopped
- 1/3 Cup basil, chopped
- Parmesan, to sprinkle
- Salt and pepper, to season
- Chop the potatoes in half, boil until very tender and drain.
- In a bowl, combine the potatoes and zucchini. Add the grated cheese, milk, coriander, basil, salt and pepper, and mix thoroughly.
- On a baking tray, spoon out the zucchini-potato mixture and form into balls.
- Sprinkle with Parmesan and grated cheese, and bake at 350°F for 15 minutes.
- When golden, remove from oven... and enjoy!