Mom's Zucchini Casserole
These stuffed zucchini's are a delicious main dish. You can also use the leftover filling on top of toast topped with grated cheese to serve with aperitif.
- 500g ground beef
- Bechamel sauce (if buying ready made, about 2 cups)
- aprx. 5 zucchinis
- 200g grated cheese
- 1 tbsp mustard
- 1 tbsp 7-spice
- black pepper
- powdered garlic
- chili powder
- a pinch of cinnamon, nutmeg
- ground coriander
Level of difficulty Easy
Cost Average budget
Cut the zucchinis in half, lengthwise. Boil them or pop them in the microwave until the flesh is soft but not too mushy. Scoop out the flesh with a spoon. You can keep it to make something else, like an omelette, a puree, or a curry.
In a pan, brown the ground beef with the spices according to your taste. Add the mustard and the Bechamel sauce, stir well.
Fill the zucchinis with the meat stuffing, and top with the grated cheese.
Bake in the oven at 180C for about 30 minutes or until the cheese is golden.
You'll also love
- Baked Leeks with Ham and Béchamel... 4/5 (119 Votes)
- Light Zucchini Gratin 3.7/5 (122 Votes)
- Lasagna Bolognese 2.4/5 (179 Votes)
- Vegetable stuffed Zucchini 4.6/5 (35 Votes)
- Zucchini and Feta casserole 4.3/5 (24 Votes)
- Corn Beef Hash 2.4/5 (9 Votes)
- Rigatoni Fiesolana 2.4/5 (9 Votes)
- Weekday Chicken Casserole 2.5/5 (4 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
These Cheesy Cauliflower Pizza Cups are just what you need when snack o'clock rolls around!
- 1/2 cauliflower head
- 8 eggs for cauliflower mix
- 4-6 cups shredded cheese
- 6 slices salami
- 6 tbsp pizza Sauce
- Boil diced cauliflower in salted water until tender.
- Blend, then transfer to mixing bowl.
- Mix in 2 eggs, pepper and 2 cups of shredded cheese
- Share the cauliflower mixture out between 6 ramekins, forming little cups
- Add 1 cup of shredded cheese
- Bake for 25 min at 375°F
- Add a slice of salami, a tbsp of pizza sauce, and one raw egg to each ramekin
- Top with cheese and return to oven for 7 min at 375°F
- Serve, and enjoy!